Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Ho-ho-Holidays!

Thanks to Ria and the ScrappinMoms for giving me the opportunity to make a layout for the December issue of Scrapbytes. 

This pic was taken December 2006, Josh loves icing and he knew we were watching him trying to sneak up to the yule log. . . the photos we took were not too great, it was more like "hurry, grab the camera!" :-) So I decided to cut the pics in portions and focus on certain areas of the photos instead. I think it worked somewhat alright :-) 

I found a cool technique in an old issue of Somerset, where the artist melted the sides of a sheet of overlay. I saw the same technique in one of Mitch Sy's sweet layouts too, I had a blast melting the sides of my Hambly. . . although i did look sort of odd hovering over a candle :-P

Btw, this is my first Christmas layout . . . ever! I've never really made any holiday layouts, maybe because I didn't really have a lot of holiday photos either. So this year, I vow to take more Christmassy pics :-)

A SWEET CHRISTMAS
Journaling:
You just couldn't wait to get your hands on that yummy yule log. It must have been that NAUGHTY look or those CHUBBY fingers sneaking up on the cake that gave you away! --- Josh, Christmas 2006

Materials:
Paper -- Ki Pop Culture Teal, Webster's Candy Cane, K&Co. Peppermint Twist, Cosmo Cricket Be Good, Shipping Tags, Hambly Mini Graph White, Chipboard
Rub Ons-- American Crafts jane
Stamps -- Provocrafts Circa 18 Pts., Technique Tuesdays Provence
Ink/Pen/Paint -- Colorbox brown, Zig black 05, Pen Touch Gold, Signo White, Twinkling H20 Bashful Blue, Stickles Crystal and Fruit Punch, Aqualip Black
Embellies -- Autumn Leaves buttons Rhonna Christmas and Indian Summer, Polka dot ribbon, natural fiber ricrac and satin twine

No comments: