Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What have I gotten myself into?!

A month ago, Joanne announced the ScrappinMoms Idol challenge. It's a 2-month long contest, with challenges every week. At the time the first elmination round was going to start, was the time my mom was still in the hospital so I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Good thing with support from my family and encouragement from Joanne and Mia I made my layout on the nick of time. Fortunately, i've made it (as of today) past Round 1.

We are not allowed to post our layouts as long as we're in the contest, but we were allowed to post links to our layouts so here they are:

Elimination Round
Round 1: Stuck on Cardstock

Round 2 is still ongoing, and it really is a doozy! Round 2 is to make a MONOCHROMATIC layout. Funny though, I thought it was due this Tuesday so I was cramming for time Monday evening only to find out it was due Thursday! LOL Nevertheless, feeling a bit under the weather, scrapping my pages helped me take my mind off how I was feeling :-)

At the start of the challenge I was thinking "What have I gotten myself into??!!!" The pressure of the challenge and to come up with a unique layout is really nerve wracking. But in this short time, I learned alot about myself. It's amusing to see how far I will last, but more so that for someone like me (with a short attention span!) i'm surprisingly sticking it out! And I also discovered how well I manage under pressure, considering all my pages were made a day before the deadine!

Kudos to the ScrappinMoms for coming up with such an ingenious contest :-) And ofcourse to the rest of my co-contestants whether still in the running or not, congratulations for coming up with heartfelt, wonderful layouts :-)

No comments: