Thursday, March 8, 2007

Just a ME thing



Mama (she didn't want to be called Lola, don't ask me why) wanted to bring me to a dermatologist to remove them . . .

My son has this dislike for moles (don't ask me either) and he asked if what I had were moles? that's ALOT of moles! . . .

Friends offered aesthetic advice, rubbing lemon on my face (i'd rather have it with some salt and a shot of Cuervo :-), the latest freckle-relieving wonder, even the strongest SPF known to man (hmmm, steel armor comes to mind) . . .

Relatives would exclaim "Bakit dumami yan?" with gasps in the background . . .

I was ready to give in, to have my beloved freckles lasered, removed, even resorting to home TV shopping remedies (Rosehip anyone?) . . .

When my daughter just patiently said, "Mom, you'd look like anyone else without your freckles. It's just not you." Wise words from a 16 year old who has no ounce of vanity in her.

And so, i wear my freckly face proudly, a splash of SPF and here I come SUNSHINE!
-------
Entry to the MLA "We R Memory Keepers" Challenge: JUST A ME THING
Paper: WRMK Urban Windows --> Diner Hot Pad, Boho Chic Fancy Free, Boho Chic Luscious Lace, On the Dot Persimmon, Restoration Jacquard, Homemade Wild Blossoms, Peasant Bobbin
Ribbon: WRMK Urban Windows --> Boho Chic, On the Dot, Restoration
Embellishments: WRMK ---> extra large eyelets Earth Escape, We R Designers Inspiration
Others: staples, Fancy Pants large alphabets, acrylic paint, inkjet transparency, white tulle, gem stickers
-------
JOURNALING:
Tag 1: THANKS TO MY FRECKLES --- I know i've stayed out long enough goofing around in the playground with the kids, playing a great round of 18 holes, walking our cute but hyper poodle, taking in the sun and takiing long walks in the park...
Tag 2: THANKS TO MY FRECKLES --- I'm in the company of Lindsay Lohan, Howdy Doody, Archie Andrews, Lucille Ball, Dennis the Menace, Pippi Longstockings and a bunch of other "greats" ...
Tag 3: THANKS TO MY FRECKLES --- I stand out in a plain faced crowd ... it makes me different, even unique, some say it's a skin thing ... FRECKLES is a ME thing!!!

No comments: